ASME BPVC-III NF (2013)
BPVC Section III-Rules for Construction of Nuclear Facility Components-Division 1-Subsection NF-Supports
Annotation and contents
About the BPVC
Since its first issuance in 1914, ASME’s Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC) has pioneered modern standards-development, maintaining a commitment to enhance public safety and technological advancement to meet the needs of a changing world. More than 100,000 copies of the BPVC are in use in 100 countries around the world.
Click here for a printer-friendly version of a brochure, which details all 12 BPVC Sections, plus ASME’s portfolio of related BPVC offerings.
Product Scope / Abstract
This Subsection contains requirements for the material, design, fabrication, and examination of supports which are intended to conform to the requirements for Classes 1, 2, 3, and MC construction. Nuclear power plant supports for which rules are specified in this Subsection are those metal supports which are designed to transmit loads from the pressure retaining barrier of the component or piping to the load carrying building structure. In some cases there may be intervening elements in the component support load path which are not constructed to the rules of this Section, such as diesel engines, electric motors, valve operators, coolers, and access structures.
Careful application of this Section will help users to comply with applicable regulations within their jurisdictions, while achieving the operational, cost and safety benefits to be gained from the many industry best-practices detailed within these volumes.
Key changes to this 2013 Edition include:
- Revisions to include requirements for control of electronic Quality Assurance Manuals and documents.
- New requirements for auditing and renewal of Owner’s Certificates.
- New requirements for Owner’s Quality Assurance Program
- Revisions to Mandatory Appendix II, Article II-1000 "Experimental Stress Analysis"
- Updated standards and specifications referenced in Table NCA-7100.
- Updates to Material Specifications and Grades Permitted for Class MC Construction
- New paragraph in Subsection NH for special considerations for Class 1 components in elevated temperature service.
All changes to this 2013 Edition are incorporated into the appropriate page and each affected area is identified with a designator. Each Section includes a Summary of Changes that lists the material affected by the change, plus the nature of the change. There will no longer be Addenda service for this 2013 Edition or for future Editions.
Intended for manufacturers, users, constructors, designers and others concerned with the design, fabrication, assembly, erection, examination, inspection and testing of pressure vessels, plus all potential governing entities.
BPVC purchasers may wish to purchase a binder from ASME (BPVC Binder), but the publication will also fit a standard three-ring binder.
For the convenience of those applying for and/or maintaining their ASME Product Certification Marks, ASME gathers its required codes and standards into the following “BPVC product certification packages”:
- “N,” “NA,” “NPT,” “NS” (N-Type Certificates of Authorization and Certificates of Accreditation) – click here
- “NV” (Nuclear Safety and Pressure Relief Valves – includes BPVC-II-A, Section II, Part A, Ferrous Materials Specifications – click here
- “NV” (Nuclear Safety and Pressure Relief Valves – includes BPVC-II-B, Section II, Part B, Nonferrous Materials Specifications) – click here
- “NV” (Nuclear Safety and Pressure Relief Valves – includes BPVC-II-D, Section II, Part D, Properties, Customary or Metric) – click here
- “N3” (N-Type Certificates of Authorization and Certificates of Accreditation) – click here
You may also contact ASME’s CustomerCare (+1.800.THE.ASME/843.2763, email@example.com) for personalized assistance.